Keeping it Personal While Keeping it Private
Auburn Savings takes your security very seriously.
We will never ask for your personal information over the phone or in email. If you’ve been contacted and have been asked to provide any personal information, or if you have questions or concerns please call us immediately at (207) 782-6871 or toll free at (888 ) 282-7287.
Protecting your passwords:
- Use a 13 digit password that uses a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters
- Don’t write down your passwords, carry them with you, or keep an in obvious place
- Don’t use the same password for everything
- Don’t use personal information in a password such as: birthdays, addresses, special dates/names, etc.
- Change passwords every 60-90 days
Protecting your identity:
- Don’t carry your social security card with you
- Only carry around the credit cards you may need, leave the rest at home in a safe place
- Shred old financial statements, “junk” mail offers, credit card offers
- Watch your credit reports closely—they contain all your personal info needed to steal your identity
- Monitor your credit card statements each month to ensure there have been no fraudulent purchases
For more information on how you can protect your security, please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/identity-theft